Monday, November 8, 2010

Mommy Tips: Anti-Aging!



As I begin my 40th year on this earth I realize it's time to take this aging thing a bit more seriously so I've come up with some tips for slowing the clock down. This is kind of my "Top 5" tips meets my New Year's resolutions for this coming year. I'm no expert, mind you...

1. Wear sunscreen every single day not just when I think I need protection from the sun. I've read that getting in and out of the car and just general walking around is a lot more damaging than anyone realizes.

2. Driving gloves! "They" say that the number one way of showing your age is your hands so I think it's time to protect my hands from sun exposure. Looks like Posh Spice already knew something I didn't. I'm going to put SPF on my hands too and keep them moisturized with hand cream especially at night before bed.

3. Wear HUGE sunglasses. I've been doing this for awhile but now it's going to be all the time. Protecting the eyes is KEY. Again... Posh knows what's up.

4. Apply night cream everyday and eye cream day and night. Gotta keep that skin moisturized!

5. Keep the eyebrows THICK! and no more waxing... I've read that thick eyebrows are a sign of youth so I'm going for the Camilla Belle look (she's flawless). AND I've discovered threading as an alternative to waxing. As the skin around the eyes gets older I just cannot imagine that yanking on it once a month with hot wax is a good idea if you're trying to get the skin not to sag.

Bonus: I should really give up both soda AND coffee... Daily green tea and tons of water would probably do me a world of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment