Saturday, April 30, 2011

Oh, a Bye, Pweencees!




Dear Junebug,
I'm starting to wonder if I made my first monumental mistake as a parent. I sat you down to watch the Royal Wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton. Little did I know it was going to have such a royal impact on you! You were fixated on the TV and when the newly announced bride and groom descended from Westminster Abbey, waving to the crowds of millions waiting outside you started waving and saying, "Oh, a Bye, Pweencees! Bye!" And then I realized... you love her. You love the Princess Katherine. Well, what can I say? It's inevitable I guess that most little girls grow up fantasizing about being a princess. I had Snow White and Cinderella but you have a real person, Princess Katherine. Now everytime you see the TV, you point at it and say, "Watch. Pweencees!" Your Father is livid, as you can imagine. Just remember, Princes come in a lot of different packages... like your Daddy for example, he's my Prince in shining armor even though he walked in sporting a look that screamed something a bit more like punk rock meets homeless. Let's hope this obsession doesn't go wrong.
XO
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment