Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mommy Tips: Theme Party at its Best!







As I was planning Junebug's second birthday party, all kinds of ideas and inspiration were swirling in my head. But pretty soon I realized that they all spoke to ME and really didn't mean anything to the child. And then the horrible reality hit me... ELMO. I have to do an Elmo party. Crap. I don't want to do an "elmo party" but that's the one thing June loves most in the world and I knew it was the right thing to do. Thank GOD for my friend Susan who is a genius and had just thrown the cutest "Yo Gabba Gabba" party for Ruby's 2nd. She really put it all together to look cute and cool; not just slapping themed cups and plates from your local neighborhood party store on the table (GOD Forbid! LOL). So here's the take away:

1. Etsy.com is the BEST place to get unique themed party elements like those cute little handmade cupcake toppers.
2. Take advantage of the theme for your gift bags; these were ADORBS!
3. Use the theme for the baked goods... the cake, cookies, cupcakes.
4. Wear your theme! Ruby looked so cute in her little Yo Gabba t-shirt but of course pairing it with a like colored tutu and some converse just makes it FAB
5. themed paper cups and plates look great when you take the time to make a real table cloth. Susan chose red and white polka dots... between that and freshly cut orange roses... beautiful!
6. Balloons are another great spot to highlight your theme.
7. Great food keeps the parents happy which is a MUST
8. Once they turn 2 a bouncy makes the party

No comments:

Post a Comment