Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm a Working Mommy



Dear Junebug,
There's one topic that I've been conveniently avoiding. For the last three months I've been by your side 24/7 and this is all you know. But the reality is, I'm a working mommy. This time we've had together was only a small privilege and opportunity for us to get to know eachother and get organized for our new life. It's now time to go back to the schedule that existed before you came. I'll be spending 8 hours in the office everyday and there will probably be moments when I'm distracted by a little square contraption (it's called a blackberry). The good news is, your mommy is a great multi-tasker. When you were in my belly I worked very hard. As a matter of fact, I worked all the way until your birth. We even walked Katy down the Grammy red carpet at 7 1/2 months and went to Vegas to her Hard Rock Hotel display unveiling at 8 1/2 months (see pics above). When I went into pre-labor at the office, Jules-y and Nicole forced the car keys out of my clutch and drove us home.
A lot of people have asked me why I'm choosing to work. Why don't I just stay home with you? Well, I've always been a very independent girl and I want you to be the same. I've worked so hard to get this far in my career and somehow I feel like you would be proud of me for sticking it out. I will make you this promise - I will be the last person you see every night before you go to sleep and the first person you see every morning when you wake up. I also promise to make every moment we spend together quality time and be present for you whenever you need me.
Thanks for making these last three months the best three months of my life... I truly don't remember life before you.
XO
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment