Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mission Organization Day 7: Master Bath







I'm going to call this exercise "Now you see it, now you don't!" But let me be clear about one thing... while cabinets that hide toiletries and things are KEY, this doesn't mean it should look like a hot mess on the inside. Here are my top tips for organizing the bathroom:

1. Buy toiletries in bulk! There's no reason to run out of anything, ever! And it's so much cheaper to buy quantity at Target than to run out to 7Eleven in an emergency for some toothpaste.
2. Organize your loose things in nice baskets and separate them in categories. Under the sink I have baskets labeled, "hair", "spa" and "face". I also use my handy dandy P-touch to label them so things don't get confused. I got these baskets at Cost Plus World Market.
3. Put as much of your stuff behind closed doors.
4. Clean out your drawers... if there are old Q-tips with eye shadow at the bottom of your drawers, that's a sign you need to do some work.
5. Don't keep toiletries or products you are not using; give it away or throw it out!
6. Make sure all your towels match and put them in a big basket. I like white towels.
7. Beautiful things should be functional. I hang my necklaces on a Madonna sculpture and use these little vases I picked up in Italy to put Q-tips, toothbrush and toothpaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment