I've never been a morning person. Alarms don't do much for me other than give me the chance to hit the snooze button 5 times. But let me tell you something, when your boobs feel like two bazookas about to explode off your chest, that'll wake you up out of the deepest sleep - no problem. Just call me Dolly! It's all worth it though for my Junebug to get the best.
TIPS TO RELIEVE ENGORGEMENT
- Breastfeed frequently, 8-12 times every 24 hours
- Apply moist warmth to the breast for 10 minutes before feedings
- Hand express or use a breast pump to soften the areola and extend the nipple before feedings
- Apply cold packs for 10 minutes after feedings
- Wear a nursing bra, 24 hours every day
- Use an over-the-counter "aspirin free" pain reliever