Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth




Dear Junebug,
Mommy thinks its important to create spaces in the home that make you feel good.  Mommy and Daddy's bedroom is probably my favorite place in the whole world.  When I'm there I feel like I'm on vacation and I never want to leave.  The room was inspired by a hotel we stayed at in Florence, Italy which had baby blue walls, soft, comfy hotel linens, a TV, great artwork and a small reading chair.  It took me a long time to get this room just right... now the only thing  missing is a view of the Ponte Vecchio (someday I'll take you there, it's gorgeous).  Your Daddy brings me a latte in bed every morning (decaf of course!) which reminds me of the great room service in Florence.  The only thing I can't get him to do is leave a piece of chocolate on my pillow (rats!).  When you were born I was in the hospital for a total of 8 days and when I came home and crawled into bed I cried tears of joy because I was so comfortable!  
I noticed that the Starz channel is running "Sense and Sensibility", I suggest we cuddle up in bed and watch it together... Oh! and we just got the whole first season of "Gossip Girl" on DVD... let's watch that too!
XO
Mommy

Credits:
Bed and Nightstand - Bliss Linens (www.blissstudio.com)
Bed Linens - Comforter cover, sheets, pillow cases and shams at Restoration Hardware (www.restorationhardware.com); Ikat accent pillow from Z Gallerie (www.zgallerie.com); Vintage Blanket (www.ebay.com); Bed Skirt from Shabby Chic.
Lamp - Crate & Barrel (www.crateandbarrel.com)
Rug - ABC Carpet and Home by Madeline Weinrib (www.madelineweinrib.com)
French Painting prints - Bare Walls (www.barewalls.com)
WWII French Poster - Keep Calm Gallery (www.keepcalmgallery.com)
Armchair - HD Buttercup (www.hdbuttercup.com)
Throw Blanket - Missoni from Fred Segal (www.fredsegal.com)
Tiny Antique Cabinet - First Dibs (www.firstdibs.com)
Curtains - Restoration Hardware (www.restorationhardware.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment